Construction accident lawyers represent individuals who have been injured at construction sites. These accidents can be severe or fatal. For a New Hampshire personal injury lawyer, you can contact Sabbath Law Firm. If you or a loved one has been involved in a construction site accident, here’s what you need to know about the personal injury lawyers in New Hampshire:
- Expertise: Construction accident lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of construction sectors’ rules and regulations. They are well-versed in –
- Occupational safety standards
- Workers’ compensation laws
- Relevant liability issues
2. Types of Cases: Construction accident lawyers competently handle cases like –
- Falls from heights [scaffolding or ladders]
- Slip and fall accidents on construction sites
- Electrocution and electrical accidents
- Crane accidents
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Falling debris or objects
- Structural failures and collapses
- Exposure to hazardous materials
3. Investigation: One of the primary roles of a construction accident lawyer is to investigate why and how the accident occurred. This may involve –
- Visiting the accident site
- Gathering evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing safety records to determine liability
- Liability: Construction accidents can involve multiple parties, including –
- Construction companies
- Equipment manufacturers
- Property owners
The personal injury attorney will determine who is responsible for the accident and take legal action against the negligent parties.
- Workers’ Compensation: Construction workers with on-site injuries qualify for workers’ compensation benefits regardless of their fault. The workers’ compensation claim system is complicated, but a reliable personal injury attorney can help you navigate it and obtain fair benefits.
- Compensation: A construction accident lawyer will work to secure compensation for your injuries, including –
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Other damages
They will smartly negotiate compensation with the involved insurance companies. If necessary, the lawyers will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Experience Matters: Experienced construction accident lawyers are aware of the common injury types sustained by construction workers and the long-term repercussions of those injuries. They understand the costs of medical treatment, rehabilitation, and lost wages.
Insurance providers always seek ways to offer low compensation, but personal injury lawyers are skilled negotiators. They make sure that their clients get fair compensation.
Consultation: Generally, you can book a free initial consultation with a lawyer. During this meeting, you can –
- Discuss the details of your case
- Ask questions
- Evaluate whether the lawyer is the right fit for your needs
Contingency Fees: Contingency fee means you have to pay only if the lawyer wins your case. This fee is typically a percentage of the compensation you receive.
Suppose you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident. It’s essential to discuss the case with a qualified personal injury lawyer. They can help to protect your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. Legal representation can help you handle the complex legal process and maximize your possibilities of receiving a favorable outcome.